Survey & Success!
Just a few weeks ago, we launched the 2015 Survey of NYC Veterans Policy Priorities, and we are well over 400 responses thus far. We’re hoping for even more, so we’re keeping the survey open until Friday, March 13.
The survey link is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/nycvets2015
We’re asking for your help in pushing out this important survey within your personal and professional networks to reach even more veterans, family members, and civilian supporters who are connected in some way with the NYC Metro area. Every response and comment we receive matters—and they are already making a difference.
How? In just a few short weeks, here’s what has happened:
- We kicked off the survey and identified some interesting trends in who is taking the survey.
- We pushed for, worked on, and included preliminary survey data in our testimony on three separate pieces of legislation to reform the NYC Veterans Advisory Board and improve reporting on veterans receiving City services.
- Yesterday these bills passed, and we had the opportunity to speak in NYC Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito’s press conference about how this is a great start for NYC to become a more truly veteran-friendly City.
- We were noted (and quoted) in a Gotham Gazette article about the passing legislation.
- We also testified on NYC’s Veterans Treatment Courts, sharing preliminary survey data and our vision of how Veterans Courts should best function in our community.
Please take the survey if you haven’t already, and please encourage other veterans, family members, and civilian supporters to take it before midnight on Friday, March 13.
Many thanks for your participation and support!